The Bunker Hill Consultation Center was founded in 1985 to meet the clinical mental health needs of the people of Central New Jersey. The original philosophy of the Center was based upon the works of Carl Rogers, Milton Erickson, Aaron Beck, David Burns, Irvin Yalom and the National Training Labs (NTL). The stated goal of the Center was to help its “clients achieve their maximum potential, growth, adjustment, and happiness in a supportive environment”.
Since its founding, services became more specialized and focused on divorce, legal support, assessment, families, trauma, and related areas.
The Center and its staff are now recognized as leaders in the clinical, divorce, and legal support services fields. The staff often makes presentations throughout the United States and serves in an advisory capacity to many state and national organizations.
Vision & Mission
Bunker Hill Consultation Center’s vision is of a world where all individuals:
- Accept and respect themselves and others.
- Are free to grow, affirm, and express their uniqueness.
- Are able to use their strengths and potential to manage challenges and obstacles with confidence and resilience.
The mission of the Bunker Hill Consultation Center is to help our clients achieve maximum potential, growth, adjustment, and happiness in a supportive environment.
- The needs of the client come first.
- All individuals have intrinsic worth, are unique, and can develop.
- There is a holistic mind/body connection.
- There are a variety of paths and tools to help individuals reach their goals.
- The client is an active partner in the therapeutic/evaluative process.
- The environment plays an essential role in the process.
- It is essential to maintain a high level of competence in the areas in which we specialize.
- honesty, openness, willingness, and courage to change
- responsibility and accountability by both the client and practitioner
- confidentiality and privacy
We are unique because:
- We respect clients’ cultural, lifestyle, family, and ethnic heritage.
- We provide services in a comfortable, nurturing setting.
- We use input from our multidisciplinary team.
- We use proven methods that are research based and accepted by the field.
- We integrate the latest developments, research, interventions, and techniques in our specialized fields.
- We utilize a highly respected and competent referral network to address areas outside our specialties.
- People who are in the process of change.
- Professionals including attorneys, the Court, civic organizations, schools and institutions of higher learning, health care facilities, and businesses who are assisting people who are in the process of change.
Bunker Hill Consultation Center is located in central New Jersey. It is near Somerville, New Brunswick, and Princeton. (See Directions)
The Center is designed to be a warm, home-like environment and to promote the comfort and confidentiality of our clients. As a result, the Center is uniquely conducive to both clinical and support services.
Clients are encouraged to make themselves comfortable and relaxed. During pleasant weather, clients often enjoy the park like setting. During the winter months, there is a welcoming fire burning in the waiting area.